We always debate the merits of letting Chuck E Cheese be a party and this year we just didn't have the energy for anything else (what to do in Feb?). I know I will not win any mother of the year awards for my creativity (and that is not likely to change).
Samuel invited several neighborhood friends and cousin McKay (Eliza was lucky one of her friends came too) and we endured a Saturday lunchtime of cardboard pizza and GAMES. The kids had a BLAST and were pretty darn cute.


The kids won lots of tickets and it was fun seeing their excitement and enthusiasm. Unfortunately the line for redeeming them was 25 minutes long, which was just too much for me. I owe the kids cheap plastic toys.
On Monday, we had Samuel's 'real' birthday party. He has been asking for a 'Mater' cake almost since his last birthday (when he had a Lighting McQueen cake)--shall we say focused and determined... this is what we came up with (and by we I mean Scott).
Tow Mater was even missing his front left headlight (that is for accuracy). The kids all wanted a tire in their piece of cake (hostess doesn't show up very often in our house). It was hard to keep Luc from eating the taillights off the cake, and little brother was very excited to help blow out the candles.

Samuel was SPOILED by aunts, uncles, grandma and cousins. He got his soccer getup, including shin guards (his leg pads) and his very own soccer ball--which he now sleeps with at night.
His new question is "when is spring" which is going to get old any minute I am sure. He is not famous for patience (wonder where he got that!) He cannot wait to be on a soccer team!!He was also thrilled by the various weapon toys . . . as was Luc. . .especially was Luc . .



The highlight for me was the 'flock of birds' at the party. . .mob behavior apparent in small children.
2 comments:
Scott will you make my kids birthday cakes too?
Does Scott make and ship cakes out of the area? I'm sensing a business opportunity here...
The pictures are adorable (as are the kids IN the pictures!).
Hope you're feeling well!
Post a Comment