


We always held our breath in the tunnels into downtown Portland (and everywhere). There are some long tunnels and if you can hold your breath successfully, then you can make a wish. This is their version. . . L hasn't quite got it. . . .I love this makes me laugh everytime!We got to ride the MAX (i.e. trains...yeah!!!) downtown. unfortunately we chose the rainiest day, but I guess that is what you get when you are in Portland and we managed to have a great time anyway. We wandered around Nike Town and Pioneer Square, had an ice cream and then came home. It really was more about the ride than the destination.


Of course we had to fit in a beautiful hike in the Columbia River Gorge...some of my favorite childhood memories are here and plus we were trying to toughen up our kids. . .and have a mini adventure....successful on both parts (I hope)


everything we just fine, until. . .

Someone forgot how powerful those waterfalls can be. the path was washed out on our way to the bridge under the waterfall and you might think that would be our first clue that we should turn around and not continue into the mist. . .but we all forgot how to think straight so we plowed ahead (who was the adult? not me or my dad both should know better!). So we got a little (a lot) wet!!! The kids liked the hike a lot less after that. But L still managed to make some friends with critters and trees on the way back.Wealso found our way to the children' museum and had a great time. There was a Bob the Builder exhibit. . .




a
and a room for playing with water. . .a stage, and lots of play rooms. I think we will visit here again. It was great!We packed the week full of fun activities for the kids, but I still think the highlight for everyone was getting up each morning to help grandpa feed the chickens and collect eggs.
We had a fun trip, killed a lot of bugs, and can't wait to find another excuse to go visit grandpa in Oregon.

2 comments:
Fun! seems your family has alot of the same traditions mine did. We also hold our breath in the tunnels. I miss Oregon so much sometimes, there is no place like it. My kids have yet to experience the Gorge and all the waterfalls! I love that your dad still has the chickens, I have such fond memories of feeding the chickens, Jumping on the trampoline and playing in the playhouse at your dads home! Your dad hasn't changed much!!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/vitamin-terbaik-untuk-kecerdasan-otak
Post a Comment