We bought our house without even recognizing the BEST feature. We have a huge tree in our front yard that annually drops the whole of its leaves in 2-3 days. This makes us popular with children and grown ups alike--at least for those 3 or 4 days the leaves are in our front yard.

We always have a good time making an enormous leaf pile, making forts and jumping in.

This year, the kids decided to start a leaf throwing fight. . . and then the grown ups got really into it. The kids were mostly ganging up on their moms, but then the moms stole the show. Good thing I was there with my camera (I thought I would need it for the kids!).


I am not sure who won, but everyone had a good laugh. . . and leaves in their underwear for the rest of the day.
I know you are all wondering and the answer is Yes. You are all invited next year. Just don't miss it. It only lasts a few days. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment