
We recently took our first official family vacation since our honeymoon. Ok that is not technically true, but it was the first vacation in a long time that did not involve a conference or some other excuse for a vacation.
Erin’s mother had time-share points that “needed” to be used. “Well if you insist then. . . “ With the housing taken care of and a window of opportunity in April, we decided to take the offer.
Dreams of Disneyland, warm sun and sandy beaches (for Scott anyway) quickly eroded as the reality of 3 kids under the age of 5 set in. Maybe in ten or so years from now we can revisit that one but for now. . . Instead we settled on balmy St. George UT.
Not exactly the dream vacation spot everybody is clamoring for but it had what we were looking for: a full week of distance and distraction from our daily grind, warmth (we had 80 degrees all week while it snowed back home in Utah County), a two bedroom condo with a heated 1/2 foot deep pool and best of all LOW EXPECTATIONS!
Our vacation turned out perfect for us. Our days consisted of one excursion to a local St, George attraction and a dip in the pool.
We visited the Dinosaur Tracks Museum.
Went hiking in Snow Canyon.
Walked the grounds of the St, George LDS Temple and other historic sites.
And best of all for the kids were was to spend as much time as possible in the pool.

It was a great vacation even if we did not get a picture with “Snow White” (although we are not telling the kids that possibility even exist).
The biggest highlight of our trip was stumbling upon the grand opening of In-n-out Burger in St, George UT!

The fast food burger legend has opened its doors to Utah!!! Erin noticed the In-n-Out sign as we were driving into St, George the first day of our trip. We excitedly went there for lunch.
As we drove through the parking lot to get to the restaurant we noticed something strange. No people! This is In-n-Out right?! Come to find out it was not opened for business yet. How disappointing! To our relief and excitement the grand opening was the very next day! So we went back and a endured 45 minute wait in the drive-thru. And we went back the next day, and then next . . . and we hit it again on our way out of town.
All in all this was a great vacation. We will have to gravy train off Erin's mom and her time share more often.





3 comments:
I'm so glad you guys joined the blogging world!! I feel like I keep in touch SO much better this way. The photos looks awesome - you guys deserved a great trip!
Kya is clobbering me to see the picture Eliza drew - very cute
Yeah we are having a lot of fun with blogging, although it seems to take a lot more time than it looks like it should! We are still trying to figure out how to make it 'fancy'.
It took me a while to figure it all out (I have some directions for how to customize) but I only customized it once.
I think yours looks great! I'm loving the slide show... (and I've decided this is all SO much easier than remembering to pull out my journal--which I still need to improve on)
Post a Comment