

Samuel is conditioned to wear his ear protection for all house projects, and they came in handy for catching most of the huge plop of mud that fell on his head...
Enthused by our progress downstairs, we went upstairs to tackle the great bane of my existence--the floor. I told Scott that I had to have a real floor by March, but Thanksgiving is our goal.


First, up comes the tile. Eliza and Samuel were great helpers carrying and stacking the tiles (hopefully they will be reused in Grandma bathroom remodel). This was the easy part....kind of fun too. Then came the sweeping (or fit of sneezing). Luc woke up from his nap and got in on this fun too. You can hardly see the kids for the dust.


Then, the kids had to take a lip gloss break....... afterall it had been a pretty eventful day so far.
We all left dad to do the hard part.... although Luc is a pretty good supervisor. He asks all the right questions, like "what are you doing dad?"

After spending HOURS scraping and scrubbing the floor, we still have HOURS before we will be able to walk across it. Now we have the section cordoned off so we can continue to work to get the 'muck' off...all the mastic that has survived over the last 60 years. We have got our kitchen table fit snuggly in front of the couch so it is handy for the piles of shoes and toys that cannot find their way back to where they belong on the other side of the 'muck'.....
I asked for it- literally.
5 comments:
Now that's a productive Saturday. I am jealous of the food storage room. I've got mine stashed in the bathroom closet, laundry room, kitchen pantry, garage, and anywhere else I can find a little space. I can never keep track of what's where, and inevitably duplicate or triplicate purchases on some things, and then don't have what I need on other things! Ah well, we'll just have to find a way to survive on cases of chopped tomatoes!
Looks like the floor project is a big one - can't wait to see pictures of the finished product!
What a fun way to spend a saturday!! The joys of home improvement and home ownership. I love doing those kind of projects with my kids, Although we don't own a home so we are more limited.
Wow! You guys are some busy little bees! I'm sure it will all be worth it when it's done!
All I can say is, "Your poor camera!!" They can't take such dust you know! Cool projects, btw...
You are work-aholics. We don't get crap done at my house these days. One day at a time:) You're getting closer!!! Good Job guys, way to go and when your done my house is right next door!!!
Post a Comment