Some of you know that St. Patrick's Day is a pretty big deal in my family. Since my name (ERIN) basically means 'the Emerald Isle' I always felt it my duty to celebrate this part of my heritage.
I used to be responsible for some pretty wild excessive food coloring parties. This year I was supposed to be delivering a baby (sigh), so we played it cool.....


We started with our green 'outfits' and although Eliza has been making eyes at my cool green wig for months, she was satisfied when I braided her hair (so I could keep the wig).
We hid all of Scott's green clothes the night before AND the green nail polish (he has a habit of painting his big toe green so he doesn't get in trouble). The rest of us had our green nail polish on (if ye are prepared....). He was late for work searching and being chased all over the house being pinched. WE thought it was GREAT!

Green Cherrios for breakfast....yes I am wearing my 'hopeful' shirt (it didn't work though).

Next year I will dust off the old green leisure suit.......




The photo shoot was a lot of fun too......What cute kids, if I may say so myself.....

Green egg salad sandwiches for lunch...YUMMY!! Then we made green shortbread and some shamrock cookies too....green of course.


Did I mention that Samuel faithfully wore his green wig ALL day in EVERY activity?
We went on a long walk all over Springville in the afternoon, and Samuel and I garnered a lot of honks and waves with our wearing of the green!HAPPY ST. PADDY's DAY. . . .Until the next one!!!
3 comments:
I LOVE the green! You look great in the wig. Very fun!
Erin, I am not too sure about the green wig on you.....but you do get mother of the year award for all the fun stuff you did!
I check your blog everyday waiting for the all important news!!!!! So far nothin!
Post a Comment