Friday, November 14, 2008

Scott's 'unbroken' foot

Well the good news is that Scott's foot is not broken and he doesn't have to wear a funny looking brace. The bad news is that it still hurt really really bad. See random lacerations on pictures....

When Scott goes after something, he really puts his all into it and this was no exception. Running in our house right now is a VERY VERY high risk behavior and he was appropriately punished-- poor guy....he kept finding new pieces of his 'flesh' on the part of the couch that attacked him.

We ended up going to the InstaCare the next day (my first time ever) because his foot was swollen and he was in a lot of pain. The doctor initially told us that he would be very surprised if it wasn't broken, but the X-rays were clean. The very best part for me was to hear the doctor give his professional opinion that Scott was a 'freak of nature.' This might not come as much of a surprise to Whitings everywhere...afterall he was examining his toes and foot!

5 comments:

buttercup said...

OWWWWWW! I guess the good new is it'll heal quicker than if it were broken, but it still doesn't look like fun.

HalnJess said...

That looks SO painful. SORRY SCOTT!! Ouch! But I totally laughed at the freak of nature comment--that the dr. literally said those words! We'll keep crossing our fingers that our kids turn out alright!

Marn E said...

That is NASTY!!!! You was not kidding about the funny looking toes.

Shelly said...

Maybe if the toes had broken, there would have been less stress on the flesh, therefore less lacerations! Okay, maybe not. Man... it looks so painful! I am so sorry Scott got hurt! I hope that he will heal quickly so that sweet little girl of yours can dance with him on his toes like daughters and fathers should!

Sweets said...

Oh my gosh! Both of our men have weird feet. we should have an ugly foot contest! Anyway, I heard your floors are done so we need a playdate so we can come check em out! I never know when you are home so give me aring and we will set something up.
Stacey