So do you want my professional opinion since I did work for a dentist for 11 years? Well too bad if your don't here it is anyway. Kids usually loose their teeth around six years old. But they are still normal if they loose them early.
my kids already seem to know all about the tooth fairy, although we have never talked about it at all. We will probably end up hybridizing the tradition. I am not sure at all how to negotiate these social moral quandries! (you know we are spoil sports at Christmas....we tell our kids Santa is not real....so as to incure the wrath of grandparents and people everywhere).
When Quincy lost her first tooth we felt like we couldn't NOT do something. She was so excited to be loosing a tooth. We have talked several times about how the tooth fairy is just for fun and not real, but she was really looking forward to getting some cash under her pillow. She got $5 for her first tooth.
At St. Patrick's day my kindergartener made the comment that he knew leprachauns weren't real but it was fun to pretend that they had come into his classroom and messed it up and left a message. I think that everyone (especially kids) likes a little fantasy even when we know it is not real. It makes holidays and events special--it's that touch of magic we create that makes what could be an ordinary event extraordinary!
$5!!! Sara you are setting high expectations girl! We were debating between a golden dollar or a quarter (at this point I think Eliza would prob react the same to both).
8 comments:
I have a friend whose daughter lost a tooth at age 4! My kids all were about 7 before any of them lost any teeth.
So do you want my professional opinion since I did work for a dentist for 11 years? Well too bad if your don't here it is anyway. Kids usually loose their teeth around six years old. But they are still normal if they loose them early.
We need all the advice (professional or not) that we can get....obviously!
I can't believe she lost one! I have no experience in this department, we just seem to knock all our teeth straight out!
Okay, so what are you guys doing about the tooth fairy? I have mixed feelings and would love your thoughts!
my kids already seem to know all about the tooth fairy, although we have never talked about it at all. We will probably end up hybridizing the tradition. I am not sure at all how to negotiate these social moral quandries! (you know we are spoil sports at Christmas....we tell our kids Santa is not real....so as to incure the wrath of grandparents and people everywhere).
When Quincy lost her first tooth we felt like we couldn't NOT do something. She was so excited to be loosing a tooth. We have talked several times about how the tooth fairy is just for fun and not real, but she was really looking forward to getting some cash under her pillow. She got $5 for her first tooth.
At St. Patrick's day my kindergartener made the comment that he knew leprachauns weren't real but it was fun to pretend that they had come into his classroom and messed it up and left a message. I think that everyone (especially kids) likes a little fantasy even when we know it is not real. It makes holidays and events special--it's that touch of magic we create that makes what could be an ordinary event extraordinary!
$5!!! Sara you are setting high expectations girl! We were debating between a golden dollar or a quarter (at this point I think Eliza would prob react the same to both).
Post a Comment