Thursday, July 31, 2008

Butterflies

Eliza was given a butterfly habitat for her 5th birthday  (in April).  OK it took me a while to actually order the little bugs....but at last they came.  We have had such a good time watching them build their little cocoons (chrysalises) and then emerge as butterflies.  We had to feed them watermelon for a few days while a storm passed through and we were ready to let them fly free.
This is our family night activity letting them go.
 
sorry that I couldn't figure out how to edit it...hope it isn't too naseating.....
We think that we have seen them flying around the neighborhood since Monday night. 
But the kids are convinced that they are getting married and moving on with thier lives.

2 comments:

Garner Family said...

That is such a good idea. I didn't even know you could get something like that off of the internet.

s brown said...

I am glad that you guys had so much fun with it. I have our butterflies on order.